Terms conditions-Canterbury Catering Hire
Canterbury Catering Hire limited
Hire Terms and Conditions
1. HIRED EQUIPMENT remains the property of Canterbury Catering Hire Limited, the hirer is responsible for all hired equipment and containers throughout the hire period.
2. HIRE DURATION. The hire period will be agreed and listed on your hire invoice.
3. SIGNING The hirer warrants that the person signing the delivery note is duly authorised to do so on behalf of the hirer and the person signing the delivery note warrants that he or she is authorised to sign on behalf of the hirer.
4. It is admitted that the person signing for the delivery of the hire items had the opportunity to inspect the hired equipment and confirm the equipment is received in good condition, queries on hire items must be notified immediately to Canterbury Catering Hire Limited.
5. PACKING AWAY. All hired items must be packed into the containers provided prior to the agreed collection date. No refunds will be given for unused hired equipment.
6. SELF COLLECTION AND RETURNS. All hire items collected from our office address must be returned by midday on the due in date, a charge of 15% per day will be made for late returns of any hired equipment.
7. BREAKAGES AND LOSSES. All breakages and losses of equipment must be paid for at the current retail cost. We will not accept replacement items.
8. MISSING ITEMS. Canterbury Catering hire Limited will allow 4 working days for missing items to be returned back to us before full replacement charges apply.
8B. A charge of £2.50 per mile will be incurred if we are asked to collect previously missing items.
9. TABLECLOTH CHARGES returned with rips, pin holes, candle wax, crayon, biro, pen, marker pen, burn holes, chewing gum, mould or unremovable stains will be charged for at full replacement cost. Table linens must be kept in dry conditions whilst on hire.
Mould on table linens will be charged for. Do not pack wet tablecloths into bags.
9B. TABLE LINENS Canterbury Catering Hire Limited are unable to wait for any table linens to be collected or returned back to us if they are not onsite ready upon collection on the due in date.
Please insure they are all counted correctly and ready to be collected or returned on the collection/return date agreed.
10. TABLECLOTHS must be shaken out after use please do not fold away tablecloths with food, flowers, confetti, or table decorations still inside as this can result in un removable staining which will be charged for.
11. WOODEN TABLES AND CHAIRS must be kept DRY at all times. Please ensure wooden furniture is NOT left out in the rain or in damp conditions.
11B. ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT & GAS COOKERS must be kept dry at all times during the hire period
11C. WATER DAMAGED tables, chairs gas cookers, and any other electrical equipment damaged by water or rain will be charged for at full replacement cost.
12. GLASSES. All used glassware to be returned back in our boxes in an upright position. Broken or cracked glasses will be charged for at full replacement cost.
13. GAZEBOS. The use of barbecues or any cooking equipment under gazebos is NOT permitted.
Gazebos must NOT be moved once pitched. NO HEATERS are to be attached to the gazebo frame.
13B. Canterbury Catering Hire Limited cannot except liability for damage
to any underground water pipes or electrical wires whilst erecting gazebos.
14. INSURANCE. The hirer is fully responsible for the equipment and for insuring the equipment if necessary, from the time of acceptance to returning to our premises.
No insurance is provided by Canterbury Catering Hire Limited
15. DELIVERIES AND COLLECTIONS are quoted from a hard standing adjacent to a main door, ground level entrance, unless pre-arranged.
15B. DELIVERY AND COLLECTION. An additional charge will be imposed in respect of upper floor deliveries, down embankments etc. Any waiting time should the driver be delayed while attempting to affect a delivery or collection will incur an extra charge of £30.00 per person, per hour.
15C. GAS COOKERS, ELECTRIC HOT CUPBOARDS & ELECTRIC OVENS.
Canterbury Catering Hire Limited will refuse delivery of gas cookers, hot cupboards and electric ovens if they are above or below ground level.
16. Canterbury Catering Hire Limited will make every endeavour to effect delivery and collection at the times indicated by the hirer.
No responsibility will be taken or refunds will be given if requested times are not met.
16B. DELIVERY REFUSALS. Canterbury Catering Hire Limited, has the right to refuse any delivery
if we feel delivery into a venue is unsuitable for vehicle access or personal access.
16C. MOVED HIRE ITEMS A charge of £2.50 per mile will be made if any hired items have been taken to any address other than the place of the original delivery, unless prearranged and agreed by Canterbury Catering Hire Limited. We will not wait on-site for items to be brought back to the original delivery address.
17. Removal of hired equipment will be effected as soon as possible, but all equipment cannot be collected immediately after use from all sites. Canterbury Catering Hire Limited is under no liability whatsoever for any injuries or damage to persons or property or loss of profit claimed by the hirer in respect of any interruptions, delays, inaccuracies, errors omissions or any failures to deliver or from the use of any equipment under hire.
18. Disclaimer” Canterbury Catering Hire Limited will NOT accept any responsibility for any personal accidents, injury, damage or loss however arising by the use or misuse of the equipment whilst in the hirers care. It is the hirer’s responsibility to insure against accidents, loss and damage, including fire or theft.
19. If the hirer has any cause for complaint concerning the condition, suitability or performance of equipment hired, Canterbury Catering Hire Limited should be notified immediately. No consideration for redress will be given to a grievance once the equipment has been used. Canterbury Catering Hire Limited should be notified of the fault.
No attempt should be made to repair any hired equipment unless express permission is granted by Canterbury Catering Hire Limited.
20. Gas appliances should NOT be used below ground level, and only used in a well ventilated area. Gas regulators should only be disconnected by Canterbury Catering Hire Limited staff.
21.. PAYMENTS. The total hire balance must be completed in full on the date provided on your invoice.
21B. Failure to complete payment in full by the invoice due date may result in the order being cancelled with no refunds or compensation.
22. CANCELLATION of hire orders or removal of previously booked hire items within 4 weeks of the due date for delivery, will be charged at 50% of the total hire cost.
22B. Cancellation of hire orders or removal of previously booked hire items within 3 weeks of the due date for delivery, the full hire charge will be payable with no refunds.
23. CANCELLATION CHARGES An administation charge of £50.00 will be taken from all paid deposits including refundable damage/ loss deposits,
for cancelled orders prior to any of the dates above.
24. Cancellations or removal of hire items maybe subject to a minimum order charge
Canterbury Catering Hire Limited have the right to refuse delivery if the order value falls below the minimum order requirements.
By accepting your hire order you agree and except all of these terms and conditions of hire.